English speaking therapy:
I provide psychotherapy services in English for adults, couples and families in Madrid as a licensed clinical psychologist. I have studied and worked in the United States where I specialized in couples and Family Therapy and I have been practicing in English in Spain for the past seven years working with people from seven different countries. Although English is not my native language, I have never found it to be an issue working effectively in this language. Having myself lived in 4 different countries (Ireland and the United States among others), I empathize specially with people in the same situation facing the ups and downs of the nomad life.
What is psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is a clinical treatment that aims at helping alleviate or eliminate symptoms and enhance personal self-knowledge providing the patient with healthy coping skills. The therapist and the patient agree on a series of therapeutic goals and work together in order to achieve them.
What issues can I help you with?
- Times of life crisis: When a person feels that he or she is no longer capable of facing a difficult reality. Psychotherapy can help you deal with major life changes such as divorce, unemployment, breakup or loss of meaning.
- Social or family conflicts
- Relationship conflicts
- Eating disorders
- Intense and/or persistent symptomatology: Anxiety, insomnia, stress, intense fear, depression or physical somatization.
- Feelings of emptiness or lack of existential meaning
- Psychotherapy as a path to personal growth: Self knowledge is the best tool that we humans have to live life .
- When there is a need of medicines or drugs to achieve a “good enough” emotional state.
I am not sure if I need psychotherapy:
You can contact me for a consultation and a first assessment. I am committed to an ethical practice in every aspect and together we will evaluate if a therapy process is what you need. If this is not the case, I will help you find the best resource available to help you.